Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions which apply to your purchase of fabric and accessories (“Goods”) from our websites, www.robert-noble.co.uk (the “Website”).
We are Moorbrook Textiles Limited, a company registered in Scotland under company number SC027139 with our registered office at Alex Begg & Co., 17 Viewfield Road, Ayr, KA8 8HJ, VAT registered number: 333 4477 60 and trading under the name “Robert Noble”.
When we refer to “you” and “your” we mean the user of the Website whether or not the person is purchasing Goods from our Website (“User”). These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) relate to your use of the Website and any purchase of Goods you make from the Website. The Terms and Conditions contain the following sections:
- Part 1 – Your use of the Website
- Part 2 – Purchase of Goods
- Part 3 – General terms relating to our relationship with you
- Appendix 1 – Data Protection Notice
Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully before using or purchasing Goods from this Website. By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you are not permitted to use or purchase Goods from this Website.
We recommend that you print or store a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference. We may change the Terms and Conditions in future. Any change in the Terms and Conditions made by us will be effective once reflected in the text of these Terms and Conditions and published on this web page. You should check the Terms and Conditions periodically to ensure that you are aware of and complying with the current version.
If you have any queries, comments or complaints about these Terms and Conditions, our Website or Goods please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Robert Noble, March Street Mills, Peebles, Scotland, UK, EH45 8ER.
Part 1 – Your use of the Website
1.1. We try to make sure that all information on the Website, including descriptions of our Goods, and listed prices, are accurate and correct at all times. However, mistakes do happen. We will try to resolve all information errors on the Website as soon as reasonably possible, and, if we reasonably think that such an error has affected your purchase of Goods we will try to let you know. However, because we take these steps we will not be liable to you for any errors on the Website.
2.1. We do our best to ensure that the Website operates properly at all times, but we give no guarantees as to the availability or accessibility of the Website, and (save as otherwise set out in these Terms and Conditions) we will not be liable for any damages, loss, costs or expenses incurred by you as a result of any lack of availability or accessibility of the Website.
2.2. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
2.3. You are responsible for making arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions, and that they comply with them.
3. Links and Viruses
3.1. Where our Website contains links to any content of any other site (including without limitation, any social media websites) (“3rd party site”), these links are provided for your information only. We do not endorse or approve the content of any 3rd party site. We are not responsible for the content of any 3rd party site nor will we have any liability in connection with any 3rd party site (including without limitation liability arising out of any allegation that the content of any 3rd party site infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity).
3.2. We do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
3.3. You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
3.4. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
4.1. All intellectual property rights and goodwill in or relating to the content of the Website, including the trade marks used by us on the Website and to market and sell goods and services through the Website, belong to either us or to our suppliers. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved to us.
4.2. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions or the Website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any of the intellectual property rights in the Website and its content without our permission. However, copying and printing of the Website pages is permitted within the scope of the licence below.
4.3. You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from the Website solely for personal non-commercial use. You may also recopy extracts downloaded in accordance with this paragraph to others for their personal, non commercial use.
4.4. You may not reproduce part or all of the contents of the Website in any form unless it is for personal, non commercial use.
4.5. You may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, publish, licence, commercially exploit, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or otherwise incorporate into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work, any of the content, software, products or services contained within the Website in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other).
4.6. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
4.7. The Website is for your personal non-commercial use only. You may not use this Website, or any of its content, to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own website, without our express written permission, which can be requested by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4.8. You may not frame the Website or link to any part of it without our express written permission. If you would like to link to the Website, please email us at email@example.com
4.9. Notwithstanding the above, caching of this Website is permitted by an information service provider acting in the normal course of its business as provided for in the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
4.10. If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Website.
5. Eligibility and Prohibited Use
5.1. To be eligible to purchase Goods from the Website you must:
- be 18 years of age or over and using the Website you confirm that you are aged 18 years of age or older; and
- have a valid credit or debit card in your name issued by a bank acceptable to us; and
- be legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- give your real name, address, phone number, email address and any other details requested.
5.2. You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and agree not to use the Website (or any part of the Website) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws.
Part 2 – Purchase of Goods
This Part sets out some terms about descriptions of Goods, the terms which apply to your purchase of Goods from us through the Website and conditions of supply which apply to the sales. By ordering any of our Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
In this Part of the Terms and Conditions when we refer to a “working day”, we mean a day excluding a Saturday, a Sunday, a bank holiday or other public holiday or local holiday in the Scottish Borders or holiday that is customary in the UK textile manufacturing industry or any other day when we advise that we are closed.
6. Purchase Process / Display of Goods
6.1. Please remember that shopping online is very different to shopping in person in a “bricks and mortar” retail environment. Whilst we aim to show Goods as accurately as possible, the images on the Website are for illustrative purposes only and the Goods may look different in the flesh. In particular you acknowledge that:
- the colours which are shown for the Goods on the Website will depend on many factors including your display settings;
- we reserve the right to amend the specification of the Goods if required by any applicable statutory or regulatory requirements;
- all Goods are subject to availability; we may not be able to supply your order;
- any delivery estimates given on the Website or by email are estimates only;
- although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because of the nature of our goods and the process in which they are manufactured, all sizes and measurements are approximate and you agree that:
- a margin of + or – 5% in the metreage of the Goods delivered to you;
- a tolerance of + or – 5% in the stated weight per running metre of the Goods; and /or
- any other minor discrepancies (in our reasonable opinion) in the Goods,
- a margin of + or – 5% in the width of the Goods delivered to you.
will not diminish our right to receive payment for Goods, will not affect the performance of the contract between us and will not be treated as a breach of our obligations under the contract.
6.2. The display of any Goods on the Website is an advertisement and not an offer. You make an offer to purchase Goods from us, for the value, and at the price, specified in the online order form by:
- completing the staged process on the Website;(in this case your “Order“).
6.3. You are responsible for ensuring that the terms of your Order are complete and accurate and for giving us any necessary information relating to the Goods (including designs and other specifications relating to the manufacture of the Goods) within a sufficient time to enable us to fulfil the Order. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your Order to us. Please take the time to read and check your Order at each stage of the order process and please remember that, in order to be valid, any promotion codes must be entered at the time of placing your Order.
6.4. Your Order only constitutes an offer to purchase Goods from us, and does not form a binding contract until accepted by us. Where you order more than one item your Order contains a series of offers for each item individually.
6.5. On receipt of your Order, we will send you an acknowledgement email to the email address you supplied on the Order process. This email is NOT acceptance by us of any offers to purchase Goods; it is just confirmation that we have received your Order.
6.6. Subject to any alternative process of sale of which we have advised you of, we will notify acceptance of your offer to purchase a product by sending an email advising that your Order has been accepted and despatched (“Acceptance Email”). This Acceptance Email constitutes acceptance by us of your offer and only at this stage is a binding contract created.
6.7. Your Order will be processed between 8.30am (GMT) and 4pm (GMT) on a working day only. For example, if an Order is placed between Friday at 4pm (GMT) and Monday at 8.30am (GMT), the Order will not be processed, and an Acceptance Email will not be sent, until Monday at the earliest. We reserve the right to refuse any offer in your Order prior to the acceptance from us of that offer.
6.8. We must receive full payment of the price of Goods and the delivery charges before we can accept any offers to purchase Goods from the Website.
6.9. We reserve the right to refuse any Order at our discretion and to correct any typographical errors or inaccuracies or omissions on our Website. Non-acceptance of an Order may, for example, result from one of the following:
- our inability to obtain authorisation of payment; or
- the identification of a mistake or omission within the product information, including price or promotion, or delivery or payment terms or return policies.
In these circumstances, we will inform you by email and we will not process your Order. If you have already paid for the Goods, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
7.1. All Orders are subject to availability and, as a consequence, you should be aware that we may not be able to fulfil your Order. Please remember that Goods in your shopping basket are not reserved and may be purchased by other customers.
7.2. Unfortunately, we cannot ensure permanent availability of all items although we will try our hardest. Once we have received your Order, if something is out of stock or is otherwise unavailable we will notify you by email or phone that the item is unavailable and suggest alternative Goods you may wish to order. On being notified that the item is unavailable, you can choose to (1) order an alternative item by emailing us details of the item you would like to order; or (2) cancel the Order by notifying us by email.
7.3. If an item is temporarily out of stock we will notify you by email or phone of when we might be able to deliver that item to you and give you the option of accepting a longer delivery period; ordering one or more alternative items or cancelling your Order.
7.4. Any unavailable item will not be included in the contract for the Order of Goods which is despatched. Where you order an alternative item, this is considered to constitute a separate offer to purchase Goods from us, and a binding contract will not be created until this offer is accepted by us by an Acceptance Email.
7.5. We reserve the right to withdraw any Goods from the Website at any time before we accept your offer to purchase those Goods, and we will not be liable to you, or anyone else, for withdrawing Goods.
8.1. All prices and charges on the Website are in UK Pounds Sterling with UK value added tax (“VAT”) and any other applicable taxes stated separately within the order process. Delivery charges will also apply; these are displayed separately in the order process. If you order Goods from our Website for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes.
8.2. Prices for our Goods may change from time to time but changes will not affect any Order which we have confirmed with an Acceptance Email.
8.3. Payment for Goods ordered online must be made through our Website using Visa, Visa electron, MasterCard, Maestro, Switch, Solo, American Express or PayPal. No other method of payment is accepted. You will be required to provide accurate payment details and you confirm that the payment details provided upon ordering will be valid and correct. You confirm that the debit/credit card that you use belongs to you or that you have been specifically authorised by the owner of the card to use it.
8.4. Our Website contains a large number of Goods and, as a consequence, it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Goods listed on our Website may be incorrectly priced. We try to ensure that all pricing on the Website is accurate and we will normally verify prices as part of our despatch procedures so that, where the correct price of the Goods is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when despatching the Goods to you. If the correct price of the Goods is higher than the price stated on our Website, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before despatching the Goods, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection. We are under no obligation to provide the Goods to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an Acceptance Email, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as an error.
8.5. Any promotion codes that we offer are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Furthermore, promotion codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offers, and must be redeemed by the relevant published redemption date. In order to be valid, a promotion code must be entered at the time of placing your Order over the Website.
8.6. Where you pay by credit or debit card we will process the payment at the time of preparing your Order of Goods for despatch.
8.7. All refund payments will be paid to you in UK Pounds Sterling and will match the amount you paid in UK Pounds Sterling for the Goods and delivery (if the delivery charge is refundable). Refunds of international customs duties and sales tax are excluded outside of the EU.
8.8. Additional exchange rate information for overseas customers
For overseas customers or for customers whose credit or debit card is not denominated in UK Pounds Sterling, the actual price charged to the customer will be subject to the exchange rate applied by the customer’s credit or debit card company on the day they process the transaction.
9.1. We will deliver the ordered Goods to the delivery address you supplied in your Order (although we are unable to deliver to PO boxes). If the Goods are returned undeliverable, we will treat the contract as cancelled, and the money paid to us, excluding the delivery charge, will be refunded to you.
9.2. For Delivery within the UK
9.2.1. Delivery arrangements will depend on the location of the delivery address in the UK.
9.2.2. If your UK delivery Order is acknowledged by email as received by us before 12 noon (GMT) on a working day and the item of Goods ordered is in stock we will endeavour to deliver your Order within 30 working days. However, sometimes during busy periods or due to factors outside of our control, deliveries may take longer and deliveries to certain areas may take longer to arrive. If your Order is acknowledged by email as received by us after 12 noon (GMT) on a working day or on a non-working day it will be deemed to have been received the following working day before 12 noon (GMT) for delivery purposes. We may commit to try to deliver Goods to you more quickly than is specified in these Terms and Conditions. Whilst we will try to honour any such commitment we do not guarantee that we will be able to do so.
9.2.3. UK delivery Orders will be delivered by courier and a signature acknowledging receipt of the Order at the delivery address will be required. UK delivery costs will be charged as detailed within the checkout procedure on our website.
9.3. For European/International Delivery
9.3.1. Please note that in the event of deliveries outside of the UK, delivery arrangements will depend on the location of the delivery address and delivery times will vary depending on which country you are requesting delivery to.
9.3.2. Customers will be required to sign for all deliveries. The costs of delivery to countries outside of the UK will vary depending on which country you are requesting delivery to. The applicable costs will be notified to you before you place your Order.
9.3.3. If you order Goods from our Website for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount or notify them to you. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your Order.
9.3.4. Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Goods are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
9.4. There are some delivery restrictions on where we can deliver and these will be given to you on request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9.5. An estimated delivery time will be given in the Acceptance Email notifying you that your Order of Goods has been despatched. Although we will use all reasonable means to ensure that your Order of Goods is delivered within the time specified, we cannot accept responsibility for late deliveries that are due to circumstances outside our reasonable control, such as postal delays. However, where reasonably possible, we will inform you if we become aware of any unexpected delay in delivery and you may either cancel your Order or agree a further delivery time with us.
9.6. When the Goods have been delivered to you, and you have paid the price, you will become the owner of those Goods, at which point they will be at your risk, and you will be liable for any subsequent damage, loss or destruction.
10. Returning Goods & Refunds
10.1. We only accept returns in the following circumstances:
- Where you cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000If you are a UK or EU customer then, under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (the “Regulations”), you may cancel your Order for any reason within eight (8) working days of receipt of the Goods (“Statutory Period”) for a refund of the price of the Goods together with the delivery charge. To cancel your Order please write to us at Robert Noble, March Street Mills, Peebles, Scotland, UK, EH45 8ER. This right to cancel for any reason is known as the ‘cooling-off’ period and is in accordance with the Regulations. The right to cancel the Order under the Regulations will only apply if you are a UK or EU customer.However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of any made-to-measure or custom-made products made to your specification or products which are clearly personalised, for example, any Goods that are provided as part of our monogramming service.If you cancel your Order within the Statutory Period and the Goods have been delivered, or are subsequently delivered to you, you must return the Goods to us within 28 days of cancellation and take reasonable care of them while they are in your possession. Details on how to return the Goods are given below. If Goods are not returned to us you will be charged for the direct costs incurred by us in recovering the Goods. Your obligation to take reasonable care of the Goods while they are in your possession extends to ensuring that items are not soiled or damaged while in your possession.
If you cancel your Order within the Statutory Period we will refund the price of the Goods, to the debit or credit card used in the original transaction within 28 days. Please note that refunds for Goods bought as gifts can only be given to the debit or credit cardholder (the original payer). If, however, we consider that reasonable care has not been taken of the Goods while they were in your possession or the Goods are damaged or soiled we will seek to recover the cost of the Goods from you. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Where your Goods are damaged, faulty or otherwise not as describedWhen your Goods are delivered please check that the Order is complete and not damaged. In the event that your Order is visibly damaged, do not accept please email us at email@example.com and return the goods to Robert Noble, March Street Mills, Peebles, Scotland, UK, EH45 8ER.If you have accepted the Goods and subsequently discover that they are damaged/ faulty or mis-described, you are entitled to a refund, price reduction or replacement. Where a replacement is not possible, a refund will be offered.Do not continue to use your Goods once you have discovered a defect. As soon as you detect that your Goods are defective, please advise us by email in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org and return them to us at Robert Noble, March Street Mills, Peebles, Scotland, UK, EH45 8ER indicating what the issue is and whether you would like a refund, price reduction or replacement. Please return the Goods with all original packaging provided.
If you are entitled to a refund on damaged, faulty or mis-described grounds, we will refund you as follows:
- any Goods from your Order which are damaged, faulty or mis-described or where we ascertain on return that there is a quality problem, we will refund the cost of your Order and all delivery charges, including the postage cost of returning the Goods;
- with the exception of damaged, faulty or mis-described Goods or Goods where we ascertain on return that there is a quality problem, delivery charges will not be refunded if you return only part of the Order (e.g. you have ordered two items but only return one).
We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
10.2. We do not accept returns of any made-to-measure or custom-made products made to your specification or products which are clearly personalised, for example, any Goods that are provided as part of our monogramming service unless those Goods are damaged, faulty or mis-described.
10.3. Return Process
To return your Order of Goods via post:
- Notify us in writing at email@example.com within 14 days of the receipt of the Goods stating your name, address, order number and reason for the return.
- We will email to confirm that we have received your email.
- After receiving our conformation email you can return the goods to us with all original packaging provided (at your own expense). Postage on returns, refunds and exchanges will not be refunded unless the item is defective.
- Take the parcel to your local post office. Please retain your proof of postage stamp.
- Please send your parcel to Robert Noble, March Street Mills, Peebles, Scotland, UK, EH45 8ER.
- On receipt of the returned goods we shall email to confirm your return has been processed and refund to the original method of payment the full price paid for the Goods returned to us, provided, where the return is not due to the goods being damaged/ faulty/ or mis-described, the returned Goods are in a sellable condition.
- Please ensure returned items are in good condition and are carefully packed.
If you have any problems with your purchase, we can offer help and assistance. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nothing within these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights.
When you purchase Goods via the Website, you are required to provide information about yourself that is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
11.1. If you choose, or you are provided with a password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. If you suspect that the security of your account is at risk, please contact us immediately at email@example.com. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
11.2. We encrypt your debit or credit card information to ensure your transactions with us are private and protected as they travel over the Internet. We accept orders only from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers support this security.
11.3. If you have questions about our credit card security policies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part 3 – General terms relating to our relationship with you
12. We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the Website for any reason or any failure, error or delay in sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium or for any use of, or content displayed on, our Website).
13. Nothing within these Terms and Conditions operates so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury or for any other liability the exclusion of which is expressly prohibited by Scots law.
14. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
15. We may transfer our rights and obligations under a contract formed between you and us to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
16. All notices which we need to give to you under these Terms and Conditions will be sent by us to your registered email address.
17. These Terms and Conditions set out the entire agreement between you and us in respect of the sale, purchase and use of the Goods. They supersede any previous agreement or understanding in relation to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
18. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
19. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the Terms and Conditions and the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall be unaffected.
20. If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
21. The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of this agreement shall be governed by Scots Law, and you and we agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts for the determination of disputes. All rights not expressly granted are reserved to us.
Appendix 1 – Data Protection Notice
Registration Data Protection Notice
- Your Information
- Someone else’s information
- Dealing with your information safely
- Shopping securely
- Other websites
- Your rights
- Your details
1. Your information
We are Moorbrook Textiles Limited, a company registered in Scotland under company number SC027139 with its registered office at Alex Begg & Co., 17 Viewfield Road, Ayr, KA8 8HJ. We are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). The Act is a piece of UK legislation which sets out principles relating to the uses we can make of personal information and the rights you have under law as an individual in respect of that information.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, through you use of our Website will be processed by us. By using our Website, you consent to such processing and you confirm that all data provided by you is accurate.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
How will we use the information about you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with goods purchased from the Website.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements between you and us.
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To notify you about changes to the Website.
- For marketing.
- To analyse your purchasing preferences and the refunds and returns you make for service and quality reasons.
We may keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes. We may share your information with our service providers and agents for these purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
In addition to the uses above, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Moorbrook Textiles Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data it holds about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
|woocommerce_cart_hash||Contents of your shopping bag|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||Contents of your shopping bag|
|wp_woocommerce_session_*||Identifies your shopping bag information in the database.|
|wordpress_*||Stores your login to the website.|
|__utm*||Google Analytics. We collect anonymous data on your use of our website, in order to help improve it for you and other users. If you would prefer to opt out of Google Analytics, please see tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
We also allow third-party companies, including AddThis, to collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org.
You can opt-out of AddThis data-collection at www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
If you would rather that we did not collect data in this way you can choose to accept all or some or reject cookies in your browser’s privacy settings. Rejecting all cookies means that certain features cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Website’s features and you may be prevented from completing your purchase online. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. For more information about cookies, including how to adjust your browser settings to reject cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we or they will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your information is protected, and we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely.
3. Someone else’s information
If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data and you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed.
4. Dealing with your information safely
We offer the use of a secure server when you provide us with personal information as part of the Website user registration process. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology encrypts your information before it is sent to us. We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
5. Shopping securely
To ensure that shopping online is secure, your credit/debit details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of someone being able to read your details as they are sent to us over the Internet.
We take the security of your transaction very seriously. All online purchases take place in a safe environment using the latest security technology to protect all of our customers. We encrypt your credit card information to ensure your transactions with us are private and protected whilst online. We accept orders only from web browsers that permit communication through SSL technology which means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection.
6. Other websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Your rights
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
8. Your details